jeudi 14 juillet 2011

Doodling in clay

A while back I posted a link to a really awesome video about doodling, which came from here on  the Vi Hart website. Go watch the video. Seriously, it's really great. (While you're at it, you might want to check out other parts of the Vi Hart site, which is pretty neat.)

For a while, I just started playing with the doodle on paper. It's easy, entertaining, and leaves me with the taste of infinity in my mouth. Next thing I knew, I was contemplating how to do this in clay.

I'm pretty pleased with the work-in progress based on this idea:


I still have some clean-up to do on it, as you can see.


I'll have to experiment with the notion some more... I'm thinking I could make something composed almost entirely of holes. But my functionalist heart needs to get used to the idea of making something that won't hold water. Meanwhile, my punny side thinks it would be a riot to make a holey grail... We'll see what goes down :)

2 commentaires:

  1. I think a good idea will always hold water, at least proverbially speaking. So you're covered on that angle. ; p

    Besides sometimes you need a vase for things that don't need water, which can appease your "functionalist heart". : j

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Actually, I went away and made bowls, to bring the world back into balance. And today I'm going to poke more holes in the sides of other vessels!

    RépondreSupprimer